Conservation and restoration
Ambiti di intervento
- Scientific analysis
- Preventive conservation
- Ordinary maintenance
- Extraordinary maintenance
- Conservative and integrative restoration
- Verification of the state of conservation, drafting of condition reports, consultancy for change of ownership
- Exhibition and / or storage consultancy
- Exhibition set-up
- Artworks and installations set-up
- Technical assistance to artists
- Disaster recovery assistance
The workshop supports the activities of various departments and benefits from consultancy with Universities and Research Institutes. Furthermore, it possesses modern technologies for carrying out non-invasive or micro-invasive investigations, including on site, on any kind of asset of historic-artistic interest.
The diagnostics are used for the conservation, dating and recognition of materials and for the expanding of technical-artistic and stylistic knowledge, thereby contributing to the attribution of works.
Since October 2014, with the collaboration of the Madrid based Factum Foundation, the offices of Open Care also host Lucida Lab Milano, a laboratory specializing in digital technology and equipped with a high-resolution Lucida 3D scanner.
This innovative instrument permits the non-invasive digitalization of the surfaces of art works such as paintings, bas reliefs and textiles, with an extremely high quality of acquisition and return of the data.